Tuesday, January 13, 2009


is for Banner, Beginning, Branch, Bread of Life

Not surprising, my friend, Chelsa and I decided we would teach about the names of God for our ladies Bible class this semester. I'm excited. Our class is small but we pray God will bring us who He wants us to have this experience with. It is quite a transition from the A&M church to our small congregation. We truly feel we are in a mission field and have much to learn. Haley Edmiston, who lives with us, told me yesterday, just get in there and learn. Good Advice. That is what I will do. We know God is guiding us and will show us what He wants accomplished with this community in Abilene He has called us to.

Banner: Exodus 17:15 Moses built an altar and named it The LORD is My Banner

Beginning
: Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.

Branch: Jeremiah 23:5 The days are coming,declares the LORD,
when I will raise up to David a righteous Branch,
a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land

Bread of Life: John 6:48 I am the bread of life

1 comment:

The Driskells said...

I love this idea for studying the names of God! I SO wish I was there to do it with you. Thinking about you guys always and missing you still!
: ) Kara