Monday, January 12, 2009


is for Advocate, All in All, Ancient of Days

As I unpack I find treasures. One of the treasures I found was a 3-page typed document entitled "Living and Praying in Jesus' Name". It has names for God in ABC order. This is a game I play with myself in the car or in situations that I need to distract myself. I start with A, and then B, on to C and end with Z - trying to think of names of or for God. Try it for yourself. Send me new ones!!

Advocate:
I John 2:1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin and if anyone sins,we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous Jesus.


All in All: Col. 3:9-11 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.


Ancient of Days: Daniel 7:13-14 In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Angel of His Presence: Isaiah 63:9 In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.

(Alphabet graphics courtesy of http://www.rennysniche.com/)

No comments: