Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wow, what have I been doing the last month?? I'm convinced that my trips to Lima, are truly a work out. My body isn't what it used to be and I want to take it all in with the grandchildren, well, with our girls and their guys too!! I think I wouldn't be lying if I said, I have been recouping on many levels.

A new year brings excitement that we actually can have every day, a new start on things, a new outlook, changes if we would like. One of the things I decided I wanted to experienc in 2010 is biographies. So I am on my second one, Flying Without Wings, Personal reflections on being disabled, Arnold R.Beisser.

Wedding planning is going great. Fairly low key, and enjoyable. Hopefully, I will get to drive to College Station tomorrow for the ladies, Red Dress Tea!! No ice, please Lord as I leave town.

We have run into several families moving to Abilene that we knew from College Station and there have been a few AFCers show up at Hope (our congregation) on Sunday nights. I realize people give me energy, I love to meet new people and enjoy relationships from the past. Thank you, God, for friendship and for the purpose you put together for community!!

Another thing I have enjoyed in this new year is my Thurs. noon Bible Study. I will leave you with some thoughts from this study, One in a Million.

Exodus 13:17-18, 21-22
When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt." So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle.

By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.

In this season God continuously reminds me, I love my people and I will do what is best for them. Trust Me!!

1 comment:

The Frenches said...

What a wonderful idea for the new year! Biographies are great and what a blessing you will get from reading them! Look forward to learning more.

I loved the Scripture you left us with today. Thank you for sharing. God does know what is BEST for His people, even if we dont' think it is at the time. Trusting Him is a must in life and a great blessing. I thank the Holy Spirit for giving me the faith and hope to trust Him with all things; something my flesh is unable to do aside from Him.

Love you guys!