Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lord Willing, Lima, Here We Come!



As I layed down last night to go to sleep I asked Daniel to read to me the entry for November 12th in Jesus Calling. Side note - I reached to get something out of the car yesterday as we were doing a last errand and a sharp pain came in my back! It has stayed with me as I have put ice on it and prayed for God to relieve me.

So I wanted to know what was written in the book for November 12th. It started out "This is a time of abundance in your life. Your cup runneth over with blessings. After plodding uphill for many weeks, you are now traipsing through lush meadows drenched in warm sunshine. I want you to enjoy to the full this time of ease and refreshment. I delight in providing it for you." Sounds like He wants me in Lima!! HaHa!!

I do see this trip from the Lord so I leave you with some pictures of preparation!! I know God will take care of this back muscle issue. I'm expecting and know He has a plan!!

As we put our 4 duffle bags in the back of the car Cele, (short for Celebration, she was born near Thanksgiving) our Australian Shepherd thought she was going too!!








Gluten free snacks for the flights.











And most important . . . books and scripture to keep my mind busy as I fly. Daniel laughed and said he shouldn't be surprised after all of these years why I would have so many books to take. I can't wait to dive into some that I have never started! Hope to memorize some new verses and let them take me to places the Spirit wants to encourage me in!!



Luke 11:9-10 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be open.

4 comments:

laura said...

Praying for your trip! I know that it will be an amazing time of reconnection, laughter, growth and just being together! I remember the sweet anticipation :) it's a beautiful thing! Safe travels!

Alison said...

excited to show the kids the picture of Cele in the car. :) almost hard to believe you will be here tomorrow night!!! praying for you in so many ways!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as you travel and as you are delighted to be reunited with family. We'll miss you here, but I'm so excited for you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thought of you when I saw this:
http://enlightenedcooking.blogspot.com/2008/02/home-made-lara-bars-energy-bars-part-3.html

Might be worth a try!