Thursday, May 28, 2009

Southwestern Chicken Soup

This recipe came into my inbox yesterday and I gave it a try tonight. I won Daniel over, he was unsure about the beans but I put plenty of meat in there and he liked it!!
Southwestern Chicken Soup
Makes 5 servings

Ingredients
1 12 oz jar salsa verde
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, baked in the oven ahead of time
1 15 oz. cannellini beans, i used great nothern beans
3 cups chicken broth
green onions
sour cream
tortilla chips

I baked the chicken in the oven, sprinkling them with roasted rosemary (we use this on everything).

Empty the salsa in the pan and heat for 2 minutes, thinly slice the chicken and add the chicken, beans, broth. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.

Top each bowl of soup with green onions, a dollop of sour cream, and tortilla chips.

Real Simple, Oct. 2004

1 comment:

Hannah Grassie said...

Mmmm! This sounds tasty. I think I may give it a go for Grass for lunch tomorrow. Meat is a big thing for him too!