Monday, August 22, 2011

P E A C E

While choosing my flight recently to Washington DC, I decided to fly in early afternoon so I could get on the metro and to Hannah and Jason's condo without all of the afternoon traffic. I arrived early enough to get to the grocery store before either of them arrived.


Later, as I walked into their apartment with hands completely full, I took a deep breath and put my bags down. Such peace came over me! This is the place where Hannah and Jason spend each evening and eat their meals, visit, put their decorating touch on, and live day in and day out. I walked through each room and prayed a blessing over it. God made my arrival such a JOY. I sat and read a bit before Hannah arrived. It was quiet and restful after a day of travel.

Many of the evenings I spent in DC I would walk down to the Potomac canal that is right on the side their apartment complex (by Fort McNair). There are benches along the water and it is so pleasant. I enjoyed the alone time and quiet. I would call Daniel some nights while I experienced this special time. Mainly I observed people, thought about different subjects that came to my mind and talked with God about all that He was providing me with as I visited. There were helicopters that came over head and there were sail boats that I enjoyed as I would sit and watch.


Hannah was a great patient and Jason could not have been any better at care taking!! Each day Hannah improved and as a week went by she began to get around. We really enjoyed cooking together and planning the meals. Their small group at NCC provided several meals. I had prayed they would experience community in this way during this time. What a wonderful feeling to be taken care of and thought of during a time of surgery.

On Friday night, I suggested they get out of the house and grab a movie!! I couldn't resist taking their picture. Their balcony was home for me that night and the clouds were beautiful(complete with their tomato plant -- yielding 12-13 tomatoes). So peaceful!!

The last weekend I was there we were able to enjoy worship on Sunday morning, took in some sights at the National Arboretum, and helped good friends, Matt and Jessie, move into their apt. I was there before and after the surgery, for recovery and even a few days that Hannah showed me some places that are important to the two of them.

After two weeks, Hannah drove me over to Baltimore to catch my plane. We went early and took in lunch and my first pedicure!! We shopped and said our goodbyes. My heart is peaceful as I experienced our sweet kids' world. They are in God's hands and He is a tender Father. Thank you for peace.

No comments: