Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fierce Love


After much recommendation, Daniel and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. As the movie started I saw the little boys running and fending for themselves. My heart began to hear God say, "there are little ones who live like this, pray for them." My heart was touched. There were many points in which my heart was engaged but the ending scene was the one I will remember. Haley Edmiston went with us and she labeled it as "Fierce Love" and I would agree. Jamal was going to wait for Latika and search for Latika for however long it took. Forever pursuing...When he finally reaches her he kisses the scare first, and his embrace could say, I will protect you. All of these are messages that I believe about God in all of our lives.

Ezekiel 16 - the story of rubbage to royalty
Psalm 18 - God comes down with smoke in his nostrils to deliver us
Song of Solomon 2 - the dove in the cleft of the rock, protected

Our thoughts about a movie may not be the same but there is no denying the Fierce Love God has for His People, US. Enjoy His love today!!

2 comments:

Lauren Sutton said...

Honey and daddO (I think there is something quite endearing about referring to you both by these names) I'm so glad you wrote about Slumdog Millionaire in your blog and compared it to God's love for us. Even though the story is fiction, so many people have similar stories. I for one am encouraged that the God who delivered the israelites at so many times throughout history is the same God who is delivering Jamals and Latikas all over the world, TODAY!

Angela Robinson said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, it has been on my list of movies to see, and now I want to see it even more.