Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moving on Through The Naked Chrisitan, Craig Borlase


Craig suggests we ask ourselves, "are we always surrounded by only Christians?" What is the picture that conjures up in your mind when you hear the phrase, dangerous wilderness. He asks, "Is it called "The World?" He spent a lot of time describing the climate in the "church building". Do we try to spend so much time in the building that there is no time to meet people outside those walls?

As I read his description of some of the processes that should happen within a home congregation I couldn't help but write in the margins of the page -- "The A&M church took such care of our family, that is what I see as church because of their example." Some of the words he used were "recuperating, refueling, repairing, preparing, and engaging" Our family did experience this in our 28 years there. Relationships have been "church" to me. A safe place, a refuge.

I do agree with Craig when he says, "we do ourselves a disservice and God an injustice if we believe that all God wants to do is say things to the people in the Church." Not sure if he is meaning Church as a building or as only believers. But i agree on both accounts. We have got to get out of the four walls to help ourselves grow and to help others reconcile themselves back to God.

Hosea 2:14 "Therefore I am now going to allure her;
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her"

Craig reminds us the Bible isn't a story of isolation and separation. It is the story of faithful love of the ultimate good father for His wayward children. He again leaves me with questions to ponder:

Do I, as a child of God reflect this story?
Am I searching out the prodigals and welcoming them back?

No comments: