Friday, March 27, 2009

What Grabs Your Attention??

There are more than 30 blogs listed in my bookmarks. My situation was: I never got to them all and I had not subscribed to them and so I was not alerted when they posted new topics. It looked and felt unorganized and messy, too much. So I had to ask myself what do I really enjoy in them and do I want to continue to have them listed in my bookmarks?

As I was doing my walk/jog plan I thought about what grabs my attention? It felt good to realize there were actually subjects I am drawn to. Of course a lot of the blogs belong to families we want to keep up with and I'm not really talking about those. I had blogs of people I don't really know on my bookmark list. I had gone there one day and enjoyed an article and bookmarked it. So this the is the list of my favorite subjects:

New Recipes
Financial Tips
Book Reviews
Marriage
Spiritual Insights/Formation

Here are some sites I enjoy for recipes and a recipe I tried today.

One Hungry Soul
I will be interviewing this writer, Lael, soon. She and I enjoy visits here in Abilene. You will get to meet her!

Hoelzle Family Met this writer in College Station, so many of you may know her also.

Recipe Swap Some of the contributors to this blog are the girls who came to speak at Ladies Day at the A&M church of Christ, 2008, The Coffee Group Notice they changed their website name after visiting Aggieland. Remember our activity "Expresso Your Love".

Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread, Cooking Light, June 2008
3 cups of flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1 1/2 t cinnamon (i would add more next time)
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 zucchini grated (i used my black and decker one touch chopper)
2/3 c canola oil
1/2 c egg substitute
2 t vanilla
20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
Preheat oven 325. Lightly grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
Combine first 5 ingredients.
Beat eggs with a mixer until foamy. Add sugar, zucchini, oil, egg substitute and vanilla, beat well. Add to flour mixture and fold in pineapple.
Spoon into pans and bake 50 min. or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.

No comments: